Here’s the scoop on F.A.T. night… My brilliant friend Britney was inspired by a show she was watching that had this idea of F.A.T. Night. (Friends And Time) so she hit the rest of us up and we were all in. Once a month (we do a certain Friday of every month) one of us hosts, picks the theme and does the main dish and beverages. We each brought a yummy dish that fits the theme and voila! The best part was that ONLY the hostess can have her phone for a few photos at the beginning, everyone else turns theirs in at the door. Husbands knew ahead of time and were a little “meh” about it; but once they saw the food they happily complied! Wow did that one aspect make a huge difference! Britney hosted our first F.A.T. night; she chose Italian, plus they have the best pizza oven found here I am saving my $$$ to grab one. Here is another that was recommended as well for half the price. It makes delish pizza with perfect crust. The Pizzas are on the prettiest marble lazy Susans… she has six but they host pizza night a lot! I want 2 for myself, just because… they’re found here. Here lovely marble chargers found here for a 4 pack for $19.99! Marble Coasters with gold edge Here. Cute set of 7 vases for $35 found Here. My favorite huge marble and wood Charcuterie board is almost 2 ft in diameter and only $59 found here. The black slate ones are awesome too and come with soapstone chalk, found here. similar square white serving set of 3 found here. Gorgeous Williams and Sonoma everyday napkin found here– $16 for 4.
NOW onto the FOOD. Oh it was delish, I thought I would share a few of the recipes below! The pizza crust is Britneys husbands secret recipe; I haven’t gotten him to budge yet so I will link a good one from the food network found here (for now….) As for toppings the sky is the limit, they were all good. The key is to find the freshest local ingredients possible!
Salad- Dole Caesar salad kit.
Caprese: Gather up your fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and top with Trader Joes Balsamic Glaze (we all used it because its YUMMMM haha)
Honeyed Goat cheese and strawberry bruschetta found here
Salted Honey Lemon Gelato
- 1 Quart Lemon Gelato (we buy at our local Grocer who makes their gelato in house)
- 1/2 Quart Sweet Cream Gelato (again at our local grocery store)
- 1-2 tsp. Course Sea Salt
- 1-2 Tbls Local Honey
- Add 1-2 T. of sweet cream gelato in the bottom of each dish
- Add 1-2 scoops lemon Gelato on top of sweet cream Gelato
- Add a pinch of salt to each serving
- Drizzle honey on top
Wild Mushroom Bruschetta With Truffled Ricotta
- 1/2 Lb. Wild Mushrooms (oyster, cremini, mitake, etc.)
- 1 Baguette sliced on bias
- 1/2 C. Ricotta
- 2 Tbls Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley, rosemary or any herb you like
- 1 tsp Truffle Sea Salt more to taste
- 1-2 Tbls Trader Joes Balsamic Glaze or any other you prefer
- Brush Baguette slices with olive oil and toast in the oven (broil works but watch your oven for timing so they dont burn) .
- Tear mushrooms, toss in bowl with olive oil, herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread on cookie sheet and roast on 400 until mushrooms begin to caramelize.
- While mushrooms roast, mix truffle salt into ricotta and add more to taste. Spread ricotta mixture on Baguette
- Top with hot mushrooms, drizzle Balsamic glaze on top. Serve immediately.